A Conveyor is Only as Good as the Belt That’s on It
Choosing the right conveyor belt for your product is one of the most important, and often over-looked, details in the selection of a conveyor. The application area requirements and the type of material the conveyor belt is made of are vital to the success of the application, and having the wrong belt can significantly affect throughput, downtime and safety.
There are many different types of belts for different industrial applications available so the first step in choosing the correct belt is to know your product and how it will convey. Several key points to consider depending on the different industrial applications are:
- The size, weight and distribution of the product
- The material the product is made of
- How the product will be loaded on the conveyor (i.e. will there be impact loading?)
- The speed the product will be conveyed
- Whether the product will travel on an incline and/or decline
- The environment in which the conveyor will operate (i.e. Is it hot or cold, wet or dry, inside or outside, corrosive, etc.?)
We offer great conveying decisions for some of the main industrial applications as conveyor belts for the Food industry, conveyor belts for General use, conveyor belts for the Pharmaceutical industry, Textile Industry conveyor belts, Transport and Logistics industry, Agriculture, Wood processing, Fitness equipment, Ceramic industry, Quarry & Mining conveyor belts and many more.